Villanova  is  a  scattered  village  of  5,000  people  spread  over  a  wide  area  with  many  hamlets , each  one  with  its  own  Church  and  a  school . The  upper  side  of  Villanova  is  the  oldest  one  and  is  called  Villavecchia . We  are  living  there .

OHcucina.jpg (64759 byte)

                    OHCadaBr.jpg (47826 byte) OHVillavecc.jpg (44563 byte)

    From  the  left : a  view  of  the  Branzola  hamlet  from  our  kitchen  , our  house  in  Villavecchia  seen  from  Branzola  and  the  Villavecchia  hamlet .

OHPigia.jpg (115103 byte)

                 OHMou.jpg (106693 byte) OHFat.jpg (34698 byte)
                      OHPidesc.jpg (66451 byte)     OHSalpr.jpg (41840 byte)

     OHglicMim.jpg (95499 byte)

  Pippo  in  the  garden .  Our  cat  Mou  on  the  apple  tree  is  looking  at  him .
This  is  our  Fatima  "Fatina"  dressed  as  a  gipsy  for  Carnival . Pippo  at  the  desk . Our  dining-room (our  favorite !). A  wonderful  sweet-smelling  white  wisteria  in  the  courtyard  of  the  old  house  of  our  neighbours . 

A little  trip  to  Mondový . 

OHStampa.jpg (50188 byte)

   An  early  1800  print  with  Mondový  Piazza  and  Breo .
   Mondový  is  well-known  for  its  professional  and  military  schools . Since  a  few  years  there  is  also  a  seconded  seat  of  the  Torino's  Polytechnic . 

   The  heart  of  the  lower  side  of  the  town  is  St.  Peter  Square . On  the  right  the  Square  from  two  different  angle-shots . The  Church  has  a  peculiar  feature : on  the  top  there  is  a  figurine  representing  a  little  Moor   who  hits  the  bell  with  a  hammer  to  make  it  ring .  

  OHPSPietro 2.jpg (46462 byte) OHPSPietro 1.jpg (79812 byte)

HOME